Here's Why I Recommend Children’s Nook preschool
Looking for a good preschool for your little one?
Have a lot of questions on how to choose the best preschool for your child?
Read on to get all your questions answered.
Preschools have become fairly common these days and most children go to one in their initial years. The importance of early education is known to all and year by year we are seeing an increase in the number of children attending preschools in India.
Let’s take a closer look as to why you should put your child in a preschool.
Benefits of putting your child in a Preschool
- Research says the initial years up to age 3 are very important for the brain development of the child. Said that, a preschool creates an environment which nurtures the little ones creativity and curiosity.
- Preschools enable children to form trusted relationships with teachers and friends, helping them to become independent as well as develop the necessary social skills.
- It also helps them develop self-confidence and prepares them for kindergarten.
- In preschools children work on their motor, language and cognitive skills which lays a great foundation for their further structured education in the years to come.
How do you choose a good preschool?
A Preschool is usually the first place your child spends time outside home and its very important that you choose it well. A lot of factors need to be considered while choosing the right preschool for your child.
Here are a few points to keep in mind while choosing a good preschool:
- Teaching methodology: Find out what ideology the school follows. Play way method, Montessori, Waldorf, or a combination of some or all. Read up on each type of ideology and make a choice based on what you believe in the most or think is best suited for your child.
- Quality: This is most important. Do not opt for a preschool just because it’s in your vicinity. Give utmost importance to quality and ensure your child is getting the best.
- Cost: Find out about the fees and costs and shortlist schools based on your budget. Given that, always remember that a preschool lays a foundation for your child’s education. So try not to be “penny wise, pound foolish”
- Hygiene: This is very important. Hygiene and cleanliness is of extremely important. Especially for younger kids, since they are very prone to infections and catch them on fast.
- Reputation: Speak to parents whose kids have attended the preschools you are considering and spend some time getting to know their experience and what they have to say about them.
- Environment: Make sure the place is spacious, well ventilated and at the same time intriguing and stimulating to the young minds.
Children’s Nook – A reputed chain of preschools in Mumbai
Recently I visited Children’s Nook, a very reputed chain of preschools in Mumbai and was thoroughly impressed. This preschool had everything you would look for in a good preschool.
Let me take you through their facility to help you get a better idea of how a really good preschool is like.
So Children’s Nook has been around for more than two decades now and has centres in Tardeo, Worli, Gamdevi and Napeansea Road. The Tardeo centre I visited was large and spacious. The decor was colourful and attractive. The entire space was divided in zones. They had a multi-activity zone where children assembled for various activities like singing, prayers, games etc. They had a separate zone for art and craft and another very spacious one for learning and language. The outdoor play zone was large and fun.
Speaking to the teachers and staff there I learnt that they follow the play way method of teaching. They focus on conceptual learning through books, audio visuals; 3D set ups, real life experiences, music, field trips and variety of other teaching aids which ensure that the classroom environment is at once exciting and filled with learning. Their curriculum includes various activities such as music, drama, storytelling, and elocution and puzzles to develop listening, reasoning and thinking skills. They also have Yoga, music and movement based activities which enhance physical development and also activities using blocks and other Montessori equipment which cater to motor and cognitive development. The Field trips, special days and events they do help the children attain the necessary social skills.
The teachers were all very qualified with years of teaching experience and were very well equipped in taking care of the children. The kids were very much in safe hands and looked very well taken care of.
The place looked absolutely clean and the hygiene levels of the premises including the toilets and the pantry seemed very good. The support staff was very evidently making sure the place was well maintained and clean at all times.
This preschool scored very high on all the factors including curriculum and method of teaching, quality, hygiene, environment and reputation and is definitely a great preschool to choose for your child.
To read more on this preschool, head to their website: https://www.childrensnook.in/
Hope you enjoyed reading this article and now are better equipped to choose the right preschool for your child.