Tips To Avoid Post Partum Constipation?
Women deal with many health issues after delivery. Among them one of the main problems is that of Constipation.
What is Constipation?
Constipation is reduction in bowel movements or difficulty in passing stools due to lack of fluids.
Constipation mainly occurs because of Medical Conditions, Diet or Lifestyle. One needs to change diet and lifestyle to overcome constipation. When constipation becomes severe it can lead to piles or hemorrhoids.
Prevention is better than cure. Here are some tips to avoid Constipation.
- Include food rich in Fibre in your diet.
- Drink plenty of water about 6-8 glasses in a day
- Have all sorts of coloured vegetables like Spinach, Carrot, Sweet Corn, Sweet Potato, Broccoli
- Add Pulses like Beans, Lentils and Chick Peas to your diet
- Eat plenty of fruits like Apple, Pomegranate, Pear, Prunes, Banana, Kiwi and other Citrus fruits.
- Figs and nuts like Almonds and Pistas are also a good source of fibre.
- Adults should take at least 30 grams of fibre per day.
- Consume 1 Litre of warm water first thing in the morning
Things to Avoid if suffering from Constipation:
- Junk Food
- Spicy Food
- Frequent meat should be avoided
- Travelling can fuel constipation