Recipe For Aloo Bonda (No Fry, Less Oil)
- Cooking oil - 1 teaspoon
- Mustard seeds - half teaspoon
- Methi seeds- 1/4th teaspoon
- Ginger and Garlic paste - 1 teaspoon
- Boiled, Peeled and Mashed Potatoes - 5 to 6
- Salt - As per taste
- Turmeric powder- 1 teaspoon
- Drops of lemon juice
- Chopped Coriander leaves - 1 teaspoon
- Garam masala. - 1 teaspoon
- Besan or Gram flour - 4 tablespoon
- Red chilli powder - 1 teaspoon
- Rice Flour - 1 table spoon
- Mustard Oil - for greasing
- In a pan add cooking oil
- Once oil heats up, add mustard seeds and methi seeds.
- Let it splutter. Now add ginger and garlic paste
- Once the mixture turns light brown, add potatoes
- Add salt, turmeric powder, lemon juice, coriander leaves and garam masala.
- Mix it thoroughly
- Switch off the gas and let it cool
- Meanwhile make a batter using besan or gram flour by adding rice flour and salt and pinch of red chilli powder.
- Add water and make a paste of pouring consistency
- Heat an appe pan (a pan with several small deep moulds)
- Once the pan heats up, add a drop of mustard oil in every slot and grease it well
- Make small balls of potato mixture, dip thoroughly in besan mixture and put in appe slot.
- After few minutes flip them and let them cook
- Cook on medium heat
- Once done serve hot with sauce, chutney anything of your choice
Disclaimer: The photograph in this article is original and belongs to the author. Reproducing it in any form without the permission of the author will not be allowed.
Also read: Crispy Aloo Poha Cutlets With Green Chutney