Yo-ho mateys away
There'll be treasure and adventure today
Heave-ho here we go
Together as a team
With Jake and the Neverland pirates
It was a lazy afternoon and I was thinking I am one lucky mother seeing my almost 4 year old dancing around with the tune playing on the TV. Half asleep I was awakened by the voice which is sweetest to me in the whole world.
"Mamma Mamma .."
"Yes my dear ..."
Mamma I want a Pirate Birthday Party and I want it at home.
Those two puppy eyes and a smile which can urge me to climb the Himalayas! Ok not literally, but you get the drift, right?
So my Mamma hormones rushed in to start the planning! This is how I went about doing it….
For invitation cards, I picked up a free printable from the internet as per the theme and printed the cards.
For decorations I did the following
1. Decorated the party area with balloons of red, orange and black color.
2. Got a huge banner of size of 3ft * 6 ft with personalized message printed at a local shop.
3. Bought some foil balloons as per the theme.
4. Cutouts and hanging danglers were used for decorations.
5. Decorative bucket and treasure chest with hanging ornaments were put in one corner to give a feel of treasure.
6. The cake table and dining table were covered with plastic table cloth as per the theme.
7. Inflatable pirate toy was put near the water area.
Theme based Pinata was used. It was filled with loads of chocolates wrapped in golden paper, boat shaped erasers and paper blowouts as per the theme.
We had a pirate ship shaped cake.
Blue lemonade was served in pirate theme glasses for welcome drink named as sea water.
Wheels were served with the cake as pirate ship steering wheels.
1. Noodles which were renamed as sea snakes
2. Veg Manchurian was renamed as catch of the day
3. French fries were renamed as shark baits
4. Cupcakes were decorated as per the theme
5. Gulab jamuns were renamed as cannons for pirates
6. Jello boats
For water I bought small bisleri bottles and they were decorated at home.
1. Pirate theme tattoos were given to each child. 2. A photo booth was created. Each child was clicked at the photo booth. The picture at the photo booth was downloaded from the internet and printed out. 3.The face was cut from it and was pasted on a hard cardboard.
4. We had called a game host to organize the games for the kids. We had Pirate theme activity books, pirate theme pencil holder, photo frame, bottle stopper from Vividha for prizes for games.
5. After the cake cutting the children enjoyed a magic show while eating the cake.Paper horns and Pirate masks were given to each child.
For party favors each child received
1. Bubbles for which the wrapping was customized.
2. Sketch Pens with personalized note
3. Photo clicked at the photo booth of the child
4. Gold coin chocolates
5. Personalized Thank You Note
Party supplies are easily available online at following sites:
Apart from these there are several party supplies stores available. Partyhunterz have their shops too. Retail stores like Hypercity, Landmark also sell party supplies.
There are many sites on the internet which have free downloadable printable for a party.
Some of the sites I have listed down here.