Moms are the people who teach us honesty while sneaking vegetables into our food.
There would be hardly any Mom who is not guilty of sneaking some nutrition into their kid's diet.
Eggs are wonderful source of nutrients and this recipe is especially for those Moms who have kids who dislike eggs.
So here is a sneaky snack. Go ahead and make it.
Ingredient (Makes 2)
1. Grated Boiled Egg – 1
2. Cheese cube grated – 1
3. Boiled and Mashed Potato – ¼ cup
4. Roasted Cumin Powder – 1 tbsp
5. Chopped coriander leaves -2 tbsp
6. Salt and Pepper as per taste
7. Egg – 1
8. Breadcrumbs for coating
9. Oil for frying
This is how I did it
1. Beat the egg in a bowl with little salt.
2. Keep the breadcrumbs in a flat dish.
3. In a large bowl mix all ingredients.
4. Make cutlets in whatever shapes you like with the mixture.
5. Dip the cutlets into whisked eggs and cover with breadcrumbs.
6. Deep fry in medium hot oil.
When can it be served
• Snack - Yes
• Can be refrigerated or frozen – Yes (Refrigerate or freeze without frying and fry it when it needs to be served and serve hot)
• I generally serve it with tomato sauce to my kiddo.
• If making for older kids or adults, I serve it with coriander chutney or Bengali style Kasundi (mustard sauce).
Tips and Tricks
• Sometimes I have added Coriander chutney to the mixture. It tastes really good.
• Instead of breadcrumbs, I have used crushed cornflakes. It tastes good too.
• These can be deep fried, shallow fried, air fried or baked. The tastes varies but it is good anyway.
• If you are making for babies, use only egg yolk in the cutlet. Dip the cutlet in a batter made of flour and coat it with breadcrumbs (Dipping it in the batter helps the breadcrumbs stick to it and not fall off while frying).
• You can also add cooked and mashed vegetables like carrots, beans, peas etc in the mixture.
• I had once made it into small balls and put it up on ice cream sticks for a play date. It was a hit with the kids. So it can be served as an attractive party food as well.