Series Of Quick And Easy Egg Recipes: Egg Muffin
This is one of those dishes which bring back my childhood memories. This used to be our Sunday breakfast made by my dad. A special treat which was awaited as much as the Sunday itself. He used to bake it in the most basic and small oven. My sister and I would not move from the oven till it was done.
Well, times have changed. Today, I make it for my son.
This is one of the simplest and quickest recipe perfect for a busy Mom. Here's how you can go about it:
Ingredient (Makes 6)
1. Eggs – 3
2. Cheese cube grated – 3
3. Chopped and cooked beans and carrots – ¼ cup
4. Cooked Minced Meat – 3 tbsp
5. Chopped coriander leaves - 2 tbsp
6. Salt and Pepper, as per taste
7. Butter for greasing
This is how I did it
1. Pre-heat the oven at 180 degrees centigrade.
2. Grease the cupcake liners.
3. Beat the egg in a bowl with little salt and pepper.
4. Divide all the ingredients into six equal portions and put in each cupcake mould.
5. Pour eggs in each mould.
6. Do not fill more than half of the mould.
7. Bake for 25 minutes.
When can it be served
• Can be refrigerated or frozen
• I sometimes serve it with a small dollop of cream cheese on it else it tastes yummy on its own
Tips and Tricks
• It is preferred that you use a silicon mould to make this dish. If you are using a cupcake liner, use two and grease the inner ones otherwise the eggs would stick to the liner.
• Don't beat the egg too much else your muffins would not rise.
• Before tucking them away into the refrigerator, let the muffins cool down completely. For heating, heat it for 30 seconds in the microwave and you are ready to serve. If you heat more than required, the texture becomes rubbery.
• Spring onions taste really good in these.
• I have also tried putting it in a gravy and served like egg curry. That tastes great too!
Explore the entire collection of articles: Fun recipe
If you are reading this article on our website and have an Android phone, please download our APP here for a more personalized experience based on your lifestage.