Quick and easy Egg recipes: Baked Eggs
If looks of a dish could kill, this dish would have surely killed you. This is one of the simplest of recipes but as Anthony Bourdain said -
Good Food is very often, even most often, simple food.
Ingredient (Makes 1)
1. Eggs – 2
2. Chicken Sausages– 1
3. Chopped Onion – ½ small
4. Chopped Tomatoes – ½ small
5. Chopped coriander leaves -1 tbsp
6. Salt and Pepper as per taste
7. Butter for greasing
This is how I did it
1. Pre heat the oven at 180 degrees centigrade.
2. Grease a small oven proof dish.
3. Add chopped onion and tomatoes.
4. Cut sausages into small pieces and add.
5. Break open eggs into the dish.
6. Season with salt and pepper.
7. Bake for 15 minutes.
When can it be served
• Snack - Yes
• I generally serve it with homemade garlic bread.
Tips and Tricks
• Baked eggs have generally runny yolk but since kids should not be given undercooked eggs so I have cooked it a bit more.
• We can make it spicier by adding some leftover tandoori chicken or seekh kebab. Ready to eat ones can also be used.
• Spinach goes really well with this dish too.
• I have also tried putting in some leftover rajma and it tasted heavenly.
Experiment a bit, sneak in nutrition and serve your toddler yummy baked eggs, with not-so-much effort!