Dessert recipe for special occasions: Coconut Fire mountain
Ingredients (Makes 20)
1. Khoya or Mawa (unsweetened and crumbled) – 1 cup
2. Fresh Coconut (grated) – 1 cup
3. Jaggery (powdered) – 1 cup
4. Cardamom Powder – ½ tsp
5. Ghee – 1 tsp
6. Raisins – ¼ cup
7. Cherry for decoration
How to make it?
1. Take a heavy bottomed pan.
2. Mix the jaggery with a little water. Water should be just enough to soak the jaggery.
3. Heat this jaggery and water mixture on medium flame till the jaggery completely dissolves in the water and it becomes a smooth mixture.
4. To this mixture, add khoya and coconut and mix well to avoid lumps.
5. Cook this mixture on medium flame. Keep stirring continuously.
6. When the mixture starts leaving the sides of the pan, add ghee and cardamom powder.
7. Keep stirring till the mixture becomes thick and lumpy.
8. Remove the mixture from the flame and let it cool completely.
9. Once the mixture is cooled, make small pyramids with it.
10. Put some raisins in each of the fire fountains and put a cherry on the top.
11. Leave them for drying for some time and store in airtight boxes.
When can it be served
• It can be served anytime as a snack or with any meal. Can be sent easily in the lunchbox too.
Tips and Tricks
• They can be made in any shape as per your desire and occasion.
• Once done, they can be rolled on desiccated coconut for an attractive white dusted look.
• I have also rolled them on sprinklers. They looked really nice for a playdate or a kiddy party.
• Involve your child in making them to desired shape and enjoy the activity with them. Let them just work on their imagination.
• I have mixed almond powder in it once as my son does not like to eat almonds. It adds to taste as well as nutrition.
All pictures in this article are original and have been contributed by the author.#funrecipes