This weekend, little T's grandma made him delicious juicy teethers for him. I thought of sharing this rajgira flour recipe with you.
I've been looking for the perfect 'chewy' teething biscuit recipe for a while now and Amma's recipe was bang on! Once prepared, the mix could easily be cut into fun shapes. This time the hero ingredient is Rajgira, a popular puffed cereal with which chikkis and ladoos are made in many Indian households and is known to be healthy too!
2. Ripe Bananas
3. Home made strawberry preserve
Note: One can use absolutely any fruit purée, single or in combination for these yummies
3. Cornstarch (if required)
1. Combine the banana and strawberry preserve and pulse to a purée
2. In a wok melt the jaggery to a sticky consistency until the raw smell is gone
3. Add in the puréed fruit to the jaggery and turn off the gas. At this stage one can add in some corn starch if the mix isn't thickening up to expectation
4. Combine the mix well
5. In a greased aluminium container or a plate with high edges pour out the mix
6. Flatten and cut into fun shapes
7. Pop it in the fridge for it to set thicker if required
8. Store in an airtight container
These will stay good only for a few days so don't let them linger too long!#babyfoods