Ayurveda blends the modern age lifestyle and health problems with the use of natural medicines, herbs, and substances to help improve overall health and living.
Common stomach problems like stomach ache, bloating, indigestion, cramps, and gas in infants could be a result of overfeeding, allergies, feeding too greasy or fried foods, etc.
Ayurvedic remedies make use of a few easily available kitchen ingredients and a few effective medicines made using natural substances to address these common problems.
Few Ayurvedic treatments for stomach problems in infants include:
Ayurvedic home remedies for stomach problems
- Applying a lukewarm mixture of hing (asafoetida) and ghee on the kid’s stomach to reduce stomach ache and cramps. This remedy works best when done 4-5 times a day till a complete relief.
- Another remedy for stomach aches is applying lukewarm castor oil on the kid’s stomach and covering it with betel leaves. This remedy is also helpful to release gas or bloating, improve the digestion process and bowel movement.
- Jeera water helps improve the overall digestion when given to infants on a regular basis.
- Fennel seeds in boiled water mixed with a pinch of salt can reduce gas and bloating when consumed after a meal.
Ayurvedic medicines for stomach problems
- Hingwashtak Churna is an ayurvedic medicine generally given with ghee and added to rice which improves digestion and reduces bloating.
- Hyperacidity in kids due to excessive consumption of fried or greasy foods can be treated using Amlapittari Vati.
- Pachani Rasayana is another ayurvedic medicine that strengthens digestion and improves bowel movement.
Here we have only mentioned a few treatments, but Ayurveda has broad-spectrum use. It’s always advisable to consult an Ayurveda specialist before starting any treatment to know if it would best solve your issue.