Trilok loves pasta, I think I may have mentioned that a number of times before. He also loves mac 'n' cheese like most of us :). So to put a spin on mac 'n' cheese I concocted a mac 'n' soup dinner tonight. It was a thick, smooth, flavor some, basil, carrot and red pepper soup doused in cream with a helping of mini macaroni in it.
It looked just as gorgeous as it tasted. A content toddler at the dinner table is a content mum for the night!
1. 1/4 Cup macaroni or pasta of your choice
2. 1 Small carrot, chopped
3. 1/4 Red pepper, chopped
4. 1 Clove of garlic, grated
5. A couple of leaves of fresh basil
6. Olive oil or ghee (my preference)
7. A tablespoon or two of fresh cream (for the end)
8. Salt and pepper to taste
1. Cook the pasta and set aside
2. In a pan add ghee/olive oil and sauté the garlic
3. Add in the carrots and cook until a little soft
4. Then add in the red pepper
5. Add the basil and the salt and pepper
I usually let it the red pepper char a little bit for a smoky flavour
I particularly love this because it's just so healthy and filling and you can make the soup out of any available veggies at hand. It's a welcome break from the regular dinner routine!