8 Must-Play Fun Party Games For Kids
What fun is a children's party without games? To save you from having to come up with games, here are some ideas that kids love. The rules are simple and the fun is enormous. All you have to worry about is wrapping up exciting presents for the winners.
1. Freeze: Play some of your kid's favorite tunes and turn up the volume. They have to dance until the music stops, and when it does they have to freeze themselves in whatever position they are in. The first one to move is out then the next round continues. If everyone's balancing right, you can try to make them laugh too.
2. Hide and Seek: This one is the classic favourite! In this game the 'denner' covers their eyes and counts aloud while the other players hide. Once done counting, the 'denner' starts seeking the players. The last player to be found is declared the winner and is the next denner. This game can be played both indoors and outdoors.
3. How Did That Happen: This one is similar to Chinese whispers with a slight variation. Arrange the kids in a large circle and choose one person to start. This person must think of a word, then whisper it to the person sitting next to them. Then this person must whisper a different word that is associated with the original word. Go through this round twice or thrice then the first and last player reveals the original and final word. In the end everyone will be left wondering, 'How did that happen?'
4. Simon Says: A traditional favorite that never gets over, fun for both children and adults. You can start of by playing Simon in the first round. The players gather around you and follow your commands as you say "Simon says…". If Simon calls out an action without uttering the phrase "Simon says," the kids must not do the action. The first person to get it wrong becomes Simon next and so on.
5. Ping pong catch: This utterly simple game can be even played alone but more the people, more the fun. All you need is plastic cups and ping-pong balls and see your kids go crazy playing catch-catch. They can toss the balls to each other and catch them in the cups or launch the balls by swinging the cups. Either way, lots of fun.
6. Duck, duck, goose: For this classic chasing game, arrange the kids so they sit in one big circle. Make one child the caller who goes around the circle tapping each player on the head. While doing this, the caller has to say "duck", the person he taps saying "goose" must run behind the caller around the circle. The goose must then try to tag the caller before he/she steals the goose's place in the circle. If tagged, the caller is out of the game, either way the goose becomes the next caller.
7. Musical chairs: Alternately line up one chair less than the number of players and play their favorite songs. The kids need to go around the chairs till the music plays, once the music stops they must scramble to find a chair. The player left standing is out, then remove one chair and continue your game till you find your musical chairs champ.
8. Charades: This extremely simple game requires no explanation. Make chits of either movies or actions and place them in a bowl. The actor draws one chit and is given two minutes to act it out without talking. The person to guess becomes the next actor.
If you are reading this article on our website and have an Android phone, please download our APP here for a more personalised experience based on your lifestage.
Source of banner image: timeslive.co.za