Guidelines to Attend Republic Day’s Parade at Rajpath, Delhi With Your Kids!
Wow! Great news, you are going to attend the Republic Day's parade at Rajpath, Delhi. But hey! Do you know all the important things required to attend it? No, don't worry, read this article and plan a smooth and stress-free day with your kids.
Republic Day's Parade at Rajpath, Delhi gets started at 09:30 AM but before that, don't forget to attend the Flag hoisting at 09:00 AM. The parade goes around for three hours.
To attend the Parade, you first need to buy the tickets which are available for a limited period only - January 10 - January 25, 2016. You can buy the tickets from either of the below mentioned government outlets:
1. Travel Counters of India Tourism Development Corporation (IDTC) at Ashok and Janpath Hotels, Counters of the Delhi Tourism and Transportation Development Corporation (DTDC) at Coffee Home, Baba Kharag Singh Marg and Food and Craft Bazar, Dilli Haat (opposite INA Market), and Shri Gandhi Ashram, Chandni Chowk. Just go on a weekday as these outlets are open on working days only.
2. Tickets are available on Departmental Counters as well and these counters are open on all days between 10 am and 5:30 pm. Counters are situated at North Block round about, South Block round about, Pragati Maidan (Gate No. 1, Bhairon Road), Jantar Mantar (Main Gate), Shastri Bhawan (Near Gate No. 1), India Gate (near Jamnagar House), Red Fort (near police picket).
3. You can even buy tickets from the Parliament House Reception Office, but you will get them only between 11 am - 4 pm on working days.
4. Tickets are also available at the Government of India Tourist Office, 88 Janpath. It is closed on Sundays.
Tickets will not cost you much. The rate varies according to the distance from the main stage. Reserved seats that are closer to the main stage cost around Rs. 300 and Rs. 150, Unreserved seats cost around Rs. 50 and Rs.10.
No particular dress code required, but tricolor costumes will add to the patriotic fervour for sure. And yes! Don't forget to dress up your kids in warm clothes and carry a warm jacket for yourself too.
Eatables, packed foods, beverages and water are not allowed inside, so make sure the kids in particular, have had a heavy breakfast.
Must Watch events at the Parade:
1. Kids Bravery Awards
2. The Camelry – The show stoppers of the Parade, a parade by1200 camels.
3. The Tableaus – My personal favourite, you will not only appreciate the beautiful "jhankis" (tableaus) but will also give you a chance to talk to your child about different states.
4. The Air Show
5. The Motorbikes Show
Things to remember:
1. Do carry your valid Identity Card.
2. Do not carry any electronic gadget like mobile phones, car key remote etc.
3. Do not carry anything like a match box, nail cutter, any sharp edge equipment, lighter etc.
4. You have to walk a lot from parking to the venue, so a stroller for your kiddo can be a good option.
Have fun and enjoy this learning experience with your kids, as what they will learn there, can never be taught through books.
Happy Republic Day!