7 most Popular English songs for children
Music is not only a great way to pass time with your kids but also helps develop their brainpower and memory. It is also a great way for them to learn a language and enhance skills of expressions and creativity. Here's a look at some of the most popular songs for children.
1. Do re mi: Famously known as Doe a deer, this classic from Sound of Music had to make it to the top of the list. Julie Andrews's melodious voice and the fun they have is infectious. Do make sure your child learns this song. A great song to introduce the different notes in music.
Do re mi
2. Let it go: This more recent song and movie went viral and for all the right reasons. Enjoyed by not just kids around the world but adults the same. A great way to teach your child about letting go of their insecurities and reaching their full potential, quite an universal message.
Let it go
Source: Disney UK
3. Que sera sera: If you're looking for a song to teach your child about life and what to expect from the future, look no more. This beautiful song by Doris Day teaches a very important lesson about the future not being in anyone's control and accepting whatever comes.
Que sera sera
4. My favorite things: Even though all songs from Sound of Music are worth listening to, my favorites can be narrowed down to this and Do re mi. Have fun with your child and sing this song using their favorite things instead. And do not forget to watch the movie as well.
My favorite things
Source: Film e popcorn
5. Jamaica farewell: An emotional yet beautiful song by Harry Belafonte has been enjoyed and sung by kids for generations and is a classic that will probably be remembered by generations to come. Regardless, do listen to this wonderful song with your child.
6. Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious: Give yourself a pat on the back if you can pronounce the name of this song right. If not listen to this Mary Poppins hit and have fun trying to sing along. Once your kids get the song, it is sure to be on their lips for a long time!
7. Kookaburra Sits: Your child must have learnt this song in school as well, doesn't mean you can't enjoy it at home. A very easy-to-learn song, but a great song for the younger kids to start with.
Source: Aussie Kids Songs
Keep adding to this list as you make the sing and dance affair a daily routine, and make beautiful memories that your child will cherish forever.
Source banner image: thesun.co.uk#toddlerfun #toddlerlearning
Read More On Baby