19 May 2022 | 3 min Read
Author | 2578 Articles
Whether it is a common cold or a sudden sneeze, parents are constantly on their toes when it comes to maintaining the wellness of their baby. Babies falling ill is quite common, as it keeps happening a lot due to seasonal change and minor bacterial infections.
However, when parents notice sudden dullness in their baby – unusually hot body temperature, excessive sweating of the palms and flushed cheeks – they become alarmed about the baby’s health. These are simple signs that your baby is down with fever and that s/he needs a lot of care and compassion during this time.
Your baby needs the following things in order to heal faster.
1. When your baby has his/her first fever, it can be a heart-wrenching situation for parents because they cannot do much to make their baby’s discomfort go away. You can only push them to consume many fluids. Your breastmilk works the best, as it has antioxidants that will help the baby heal.
2. If your baby is old enough to consume food in the form of a puree, then feed him/her something that is easy to digest. If he/she doesn’t want to eat anything, don’t force them because they will start crying and vomit, which will worsen their health.
4. Your child’s fever is likely to spread. Therefore, caregivers need to take the necessary precaution at this time.
5.When it comes to bathing your baby durign a fever, use a wet sponge to wipe them and pat them dry quickly. No need to have an elaborate bathing session because that will only aggravate the fever.
6. Bundling them in too many clothes will only annoy them. They will cry and exhaust themselves. So, avoid that at any cost.
7.Call the doctor when your baby’s body temperature hits 101 degrees F (38 degree C). Check their temperature using a clean and sanitized thermometer.
8. Watch out for additional symptoms like an earache, loss of appetite, unusual sleepiness and exhaustion, vomiting or diarrhea.
9. Be around your baby constantly and ensure that they get enough rest without much disturbance.
We know how hard it must be for you to see your little one having a hard time, but know that your baby will be alright soon. All it requires is extra caution and care.