2 Jan 2023 | 2 min Read
Dr Shubhra tripathi
Author | 1 Articles
Miscarriage takes a toll on the physical and emotional health of a woman. Besides going for regular check-ups, medications, post-miscarriage treatment, and emotional recovery, there are a few extra precautions to take and things to do after a miscarriage.
· Keep a check on vaginal bleeding. If you experience prolonged bleeding with persistent pain do consult your doctor immediately.
· Know the difference between normal and infectious/ abnormal vaginal discharge and lookout for it.
· Keep a check on your body temperature. Developing a high degree of fever and a miscarriage could be indicative of infection and in a few cases also lead to infertility too.
· Avoid having sexual intercourse till 6 weeks.
· Avoid alcohol smoking caffeine and drug abuse of any kind as it slows the recovery mentally, physically, and emotionally.
· Make sure you take multi-vitamins and supplements to support your health and recovery.
· Exercise regularly as it will not only help you recover emotionally but also physically.
. Do not conceive for the next 6 months and also start taking folic acid 3 months prior to trying to conceive.
. Very importantly, try for another pregnancy only when you recover fully and you are prepared physically, emotionally, and financially.
· Lastly give equal importance to emotional health and take necessary therapy or medications if needed to avoid depression.
If you like the article, do rate us too on the google app store by using this link