Spice it up !
How boring it would be to eat Bland foods?; What all can be added in their food from 6 months onwards?
1. Jeera, do give jeera tadka in their dal, dal kichadi. Roast Jeera and powder it and add in their boiled vegetables purees or vegetables.
2. Pepper, It can be allergic to few babies, So introduce and look for any symptoms like redness or rashes. It can be added in eggs and vegetables.
3. Hing, Can offer all the dals as early as 6 months and if you are worried about Gas then add hing in their food.
4. Dhaniya powder, To make the food litlte chat pata feel free to add Dhaniya powder.
5. Ajwain, It is good for cough and cold so ajwain boiled water can be given little amount.
6. Chilli powder, It totally depends on baby's cues. Few babies eats food with little chilli powder and few cant take the hotness. So it's okay if they don't.
7. Garam Masala , Babies will love it. Marinate their vegetables in little garam masala and cook.
8. Turmeric, Can be added in everything.
You can also introduce lemon and tamrind slowly. So basically apart from salt and sugar, jaggery, palm sugar everything can be introduced before 1 year. Like elders, babies also get bored of same food ,They can't eat same Dal kichadi every day. Offer varieties, try new taste and offer the spices.. It will also help babies in transition to family food by 1 year.