Tricolor idli for #tiffinbox ....
Check my idli post for proportion of rice and urad dal..
1.Make a puree of spinach or any greens for green colour..
2.Add salt, idli batter and few drops lemon juice..
3. Make a puree of carrot washed and cut into small pieces..
4. Add salt, few drops lemon juice and idli batter..
5. For white colour just add salt to regular idli batter..
6. Take a bowl and grease it thoroughly with oil.
7. Pour a ladle full of green colour batter..
8. Let it steam for few minutes..
9. Pour white colour batter and again let it steam for few minutes..
10. Pour saffron colour batter and steam for 5-7 minutes or till toothpick comes clean..
11. For kids #tiffinbox I had cut them into halves..Serve hot with chutney and sambhar..
If you try do tag me..
For greens you can use Coriander, pudina, spinach anything..
I haven't added any artificial colours..
It's a great way to feed vegetables to your fussy eaters..