Building Blocks are every child's favourite. A&A received their first set on their first birthday and even after three years this is still their most favourite game.
We have used these blocks to learn various concepts and perform different activities. I initially thought they would get bored of this in a few months, but by far this has been the most engaging, educative and fun toy for them.
There are so many concepts that kids pick up by a simple game of building blocks. Here are the 6 C's that A&A learnt through them-
1. Colours- They started recognizing basic colours through these blocks and even now we practice colour - based sorting with them.
2. Counting- Initially we used to count loudly as they placed the blocks one on the other. They learnt their basic numbers-1 -10 through this. Now we use these blocks for actual counting and sorting based on numbers.
3. Cooperation- This is the only game that they both play together, peacefully and happily. They place one block each turn wise and and have learnt to play this as a team.
4. Coordination- Needless to say this has helped build their hand-eye coordination.
5. Control- In the first year they would use only one hand to place these blocks. Gradually started using both hands and a firm grip. They now make a huge tower and take it from one room to another, without letting the entire thing fall. They learn balancing and control in the process.
6. Creativity- They build different structures out of these and come up with something unique everytime. One day a castle, the other day a robot! Their creativity and imagination surely gets a boost with this.
There are some games and toys that kids never outgrow. Guess, Building Blocks are one of them!
Do your kids love building blocks too? What new concepts do they learn through it? Do share below.
#themomsagas #thetwinsagas #BbCreatorsPost #bbcreatorsclub #bbccreatorsclub