¾;cup;(170grams) curd / yogurt
¾;cup;(150 grams) sugar
½;cup;100 grams oil
1¼;cup;(190 grams) maida / plain flour
¼;cup;(20 grams) cocoa powder
1. firstly, in a large mixing bowl take;¾ cup curd, ¾ cup sugar and 1 tsp vanilla extract.
2. whisk well till the sugar dissolves completely.
3. further, add;½ cup oil and whisk till the oil combines well.
4. further sieve;1¼ cup maida, ¼ cup cocoa powder, 1 tsp baking powder, ¼ tsp baking soda and a pinch of salt.
5. mix well using cut and fold method. do not over mix as the cake turns rubbery and chewy.
6. further, add;¼ to ½ cup milk if required and mix well forming thick flowing consistency batter.
7. further, transfer the cake batter into the round cake mould (dia: 7 inch, height: 4 inch). make sure to grease the mould with butter to avoid sticking and line butter paper at bottom of the tray.
8. level up the batter and pat the pan twice to remove the air incorporated into the batter.
9. cover with aluminium foil or place a pate to prevent water from entering while steaming cake.
10. place the cake pan into a steamer with enough water. alternatively, place in the preheated oven. bake the cake at 180-degree celsius or 356 degrees fahrenheit for 40 minutes.
11. steam for 70 minutes. make sure to add water to the steamer if water finishes off in between.
12. remove the aluminium foil and check if the toothpick inserted comes out clean. cool the cake completely.
#poshankaplate #bbcreatorsclub #eeshaanmom #eeshaanlife #bakingstories #baking #healthybaking #infographics #kiddykitchenrecipes #kiddykitchen #toddlerapproved #recipepost #parentingmantra #babychakra #babychakraapp #snackboxideas