1. dalia (broken wheat) - ½ cup
2. skinned and split green gram (mung dal) - ¼ cup - washed and drained
3. onion, finely chopped - 1 small
4. carrot, finely chopped - 1 cup
5. fresh green peas - 1 cup
6. turmeric powder - ⅛ teaspoon
1 tablespoon ghee
1. Heat a pressure cooker. Melt ghee and add onion.
2. Saute for few seconds and add the chopped carrot followed by green peas.
3. Stir fry the veggies for a minute
4. Add turmeric and stir well. Follow with the washed and drained mung dal.
5. Fry for a few minutes and add the broken wheat.
6. Stir fry on a low flame till the aroma rises. Pour in 2 cups of water.
7. Pressure cook the khichdi on a medium flame for 2 whistles.
7. Cool and serve lukewarm and feed with a baby spoon.
Note: Breastfeeding is advised until 12 months and beyond as it is a rich source of nutrients for the baby
1. Please consult your doctor before introducing salt/sugar to your baby
2. We recommend avoiding sugar/salt until 1 year
to open in App