Hey new Mommy n Daddy, Going for shopping to get some new clothes for your little munchkin?;
Really, it's a joy to dress up your babies in those beautiful , cute dresses, in which he/she looks like prince/princess.;
Do you know? When people tell you that babies grow like weeds, believe them, they are not at all kidding. Infact , when going to shop clothes for your baby, thumb rule is to double your baby's age to determine his/her size till atleast the age of 2 years.
When you go to mall or a shop to buy baby's apparel , you feel like to buy each and everything at the very sight of the cute and pretty dresses. So cute, adorable that you can't resist but wait just don't start shopping and try to keep few things in mind before shopping:-
1. Dress is comfortable enough for your baby. It should not be poky ones or with so much work. When babies are comfortable they are happier and they sleep;well and that means you would be happy with them too.Choosing correct size and soft fabric should be a priority when buying clothes for babies.
2. The dress should be easy to put on and take off which means it should not take much time when you are changing baby's dress, choose elastic pants and less button shirts as these will take less time to change.
3. Don't buy too many designer dresses for babies as babies will grow so quickly they won't be able to wear these designer dresses many times and these are costly ones so these are actually a waste of money. Skip to buy these in bulk until your baby reaches to an age when he/she can wear them for little longer period of time.
4. Neckline of the dress should not be too tight and buttons or other decorative accessories should not be at a place that may cause them hurt.
5. Season or weather matters for example if you are going to shop for winter clothing, go for full sleeves or opt for the dresses which covers and protect them completely.
When my daughter was little grown up I had a lot of old clothes which she either never wore or were less used but still most of them were in good condition so I just donated good ones to an NGO ,which works for the betterment of babies. Few dresses I gave to my friend's baby who was few months younger to my daughter. Few dresses ,her first sweater,her first lehnga and few others are still with me, I have kept them as beautiful memories with me of my baby's first days,(I feel nostalgic whenever looking them and my daughter asks happily 'Mumma ,really I was that tiny?😂😂).;