2) nasal drops - saline nasal drops upto 1 year 2 hourly in winters and 4 hourly at other times
Xylometazoline nasal drops in winters as and when required.
3) warm mustard oil massage with garlic on sole of feet and palms
4) Nobel cold vaporiser rub
5) fresh tulsi ginger honey drops twice a day from 9 months onwards
6) timely vaccination- ensure timely vaccination by contatcing the pediatrician especially pneumococcal vaccine and flu vaccine just before the monsoon starts, as the immune response takes some time to develop after vaccination. By the time winter starts immunity will be at its peak. Even if you have missed it before monsoon, go for it before winter starts. Also go for MMR and varicella vaccine at proper age.
7) diaper free time is very crucial for the babies. Keep the baby diaper free under the sun for some time each day between 8 am to 4 pm depending on your routine and weather at your place. The baby might get a natural tan but ignore it. As it will go away on its own. At early morning and evenings you can use diapers , diaper pyajamas , socks etc to keep the baby warm.
8) Do not forget to use diaper rash cream at each change.
9) Identifying signs of pneumonia like fast breathing, indrawing of chest, lack of appetite, fever, cough etc.
10) keep paracetamol drops and other essential drugs handy at home. #wintercare