Whole wheat flour 1 cup
Gram flour 1/4 cup
Red chilli powder 1/2 teaspoon
Turmeric powder 1/4 teaspoon
Salt to taste
Fresh fenugreek leaves (methi) chopped 1/2 cup
Ginger-green chilli paste 1 teaspoon
Yogurt 1/4 cup
Oil 1 tablespo for basting
1) Mix together wheat flour, gram flour, chilli powder, turmeric powder, salt, fenugreek leaves, ginger-green chilli paste, yogurt and 1 tablespoon oil in a bowl and knead into semi-soft dough. Add 1 teaspoon oil and knead again. Cover with a muslin cloth and set aside to rest for 15 minutes.
2) Dust worktop with whole wheat flour.
3) Divide the dough into equal portions, lightly dust the portions with wheat flour and roll out into thin discs or theplas.
4) Heat a non-stick tawa. Place a thepla on it and cook, turning sides and basting with oil, till evenly done on both the sides.
5) Keep the theplas on a serving platter and serve hot with a bowl of chhunda
#babynutrition #snackrecipes #tiffinrecipes #instantrecipes
to open in App