Pressed rice (poha) 2 cups
Oil 1 1/2 tablespoons
Peanuts 2-3 tablespoons
Cumin seeds 1 teaspoon
Mustard seeds 1 teaspoon
Asafoetida (hing) 1/4 teaspoon
Curry leaves 6-8
Medium onion finely chopped 1
Green chillies cut into big pieces 2
Medium potatoes peeled, quartered vertically and sliced 2
Salt to taste
Turmeric powder 1/4 teaspoon
Sugar 1 teaspoon
Lemon juice 1 tablespoon
Fresh coconut scrapped for garnish
Lemon slice 1
Fresh coriander sprig 1 for garnish
1) Place a colander on a bowl. Put pressed rice into the colander, pour water on top, mix and set aside to soak for 5-10 minutes.
2) Heat oil in a non-stick pan, add peanuts and fry till golden brown and crisp. Drain in a bowl.
3) Add cumin seeds to the oil left in the pan and when it changes colour, add mustard seeds and let it splutter. Add asafeotida and curry leaves and let the curry leaves crackle.
4) Add onion and sauté till translucent. Add green chillies, mix and saute till the onions become a light brown.
5) Add potatoes and mix well. Add salt and turmeric powder, mix and cook for 1 minute.
6) Add 3-4 tablespoons water, mix, cover and cook till the potatoes are done.
7) Mix the soaked pressed rice with a fork to remove lumps, add to pan and lightly mix. Add sugar and salt, sprinkle some water, mix, cover and cook for 2-3 minutes.
8) Add ¾ of the fried peanuts and lemon juice and mix well.
9) Transfer into a serving bowl, garnish with remaining fried peanuts, coconut, a lemon slice and a coriander sprig. Serve hot.
#babynutrition #snackrecipes #tiffinrecipes #instantrecipes