Male Gynecologist vs Female Gynecologist
Why we are not comfy with male gyneacologists in India....?
I have always had a lady gynecologist, though I have been examined by male surgeons and radiologists before. In fact the anesthetist who scrubbed in for my c-section happened to be a male dr and he was super nice! Before getting on to the table i had a contraction and he gently told me, don't worry, this is your last one :)
I'm not a shy person. And yet, for some strange reason, it has never occurred to me to go to a male gynecologist! I'm not sure why?! In fact the leading most gynecologist in my city is a male one!
26 years ago, my sister delivered my nephew. Her dr (lady) was to travel and checked my sister the day she left and was sure she wouldn't deliver before she was back. Well my sister went into labour the same night and a male dr took over her case. He and my sister had an academic argument over not using forceps for her delivery. Long story short, I didn't enjoy listening to the heated discussion while sitting outside :( I don't know if that left some sort of lasting impression on my mind.
My questions are:
1) do any of you have a male gynecologist? if so please tell us the things he is excellent with!!
2) have you ever visited a male gynecologist? how was your experience?
3) would you be able to ask all of your questions to a male dr every time you went for a check up as you would with a lady doctor?
4) would you be comfy with a male dr delivering your baby?
5) given a choice of the best dr in the city who is a male vs second best dr who is a female - who would u choose?
Please share your point of view - I would love to know how things have changed since I delivered my baby 10 years back!