Winter is a merrymaking season with so many celebrations of festivals. This is also the season when children suffer the most because of cold and cough. Mothers often look for recipes to provide their kids with immunity booster foods.
Cranberries and Oranges are readily available during winters and one cannot deny the long list of health benefits that they offer.
Cranberries are also termed as Superfoods because of the high quantity of antibodies and Vitamin C present in it.
Try baking these beauties that smelled divine and tasted heavenly.
.All purpose flour – 2 & 1/2 cup
Sugar- 1 & 1/8 cup
Veg oil – 1/4 cup
Butter – 4 Tbsp (melted and cooled )
Baking powder – 2 & 1/2 tsp
Vanilla essence – 1tsp
Salt – 1 tsp
Orange juice – 1 cup
Fresh cranberries – 1 & 1/2 cup (save some for toppings)
Orange Zest – 1/2 orange
For Toppings :
1/4 cup sugar and 1/2 Orange zest
1. Preheat the oven at 220°C or 425 ° F. Whisk all dry ingredients in a bowl.
2. Take another bowl and whisk the egg with castor sugar until thick and pale yellow in colour.
3. Add butter and veg oil till it’s smooth.
4. Further, add fresh orange juice, vanilla extract and orange zest. Mix it thoroughly.
5. Pour dry ingredients to the bowl having wet ingredients and gently blend it.
6. At the end add some cranberries, orange zest and sugar as a topping. You can use a muffin tray to bake or muffin cups. I did not have the patience to wait until the procurement of cups. So baked with the muffin tray.
7.;Tip: Whenever you bake a cake or muffin and want to add choco chips, nuts or berries do add them in the flour first. When the additives get coated with flour it never sinks down in the batter and gets charred in the bottom while baking.
.Up here in North India, it’s freezing cold but this mouth-watering baked muffin with piping hot coffee will make your day for sure.
.#WinterRecipes #Use #CreatorsClub