No parent is perfect, here we are sharing 5 commandments to Effective parenting-
1. Adapt your parenting style to your child's needs- As the child grows and develops so does his behaviour, outlook, perspective. Change yourself with the child. What works today might not work after a year.
2. Spend quality time with kids- A play date, eating together, shopping, watching movie, reading a book -you can pick any of these and spend some time with your kid to bond with them. Make beautiful memories with your kid.
3. Communication is the key- As a parent you really can't expect your kid to follow whatever you say, just because you are a parent. Kids also have right to question the reason behind your decision. So be open and don't hesitate to share an explanation for your set rules and regulations. Always keep a scope of negotiation.
4. Role model - Just be aware a mini version of you is constantly watching you, not just watching you but imitating exactly what you do. So be watchful of not just your actions but your words too. Display traits of gratitude, love, honesty, respect, care, amity in your actions and words. “The way we talk to our children becomes their inner voice.” – Peggy O’Mara
5. Always be there- Just always be there for your kids. Responsive parenting leads to healthy kids (mentally and emotionally). Show them that your love is unconditional.
Just do your best as a parent- trust your inner voice and instincts. Keep making lovely and beautiful memories with your kid.
“There is no such thing as a perfect parent. So just be a real one. “ – Sue Atkins
#parentinghacks #parentingtips #mindfulparenting #momblogger #positiveparenting