There is a difference between speech and language. Speech is the verbal expression of language and includes the way we form sounds and words. Language is giving and getting information. It's understanding and being understood through communication of any type like verbal, nonverbal, and written.
Signs that the baby may start talking soon can be these:
* Attempts the first words (even though they’re just sounds)
* Starts to understand your words
* Responds to anyone waving ‘bye-bye’
* Tries to converse by babbling
Late Talker is a toddler (between 18-30 months) who has good understanding of language, typically developing play skills, motor skills, thinking skills, and social skills, but has a limited spoken vocabulary for his or her age. The difficulty late talking children have is specifically with spoken or expressive language. Speech and language problems differ, but often overlap. A child with a language delay might say words well but only be able to put two words together. A child with a speech delay might use words and phrases to express ideas but be hard to understand.
Tips to help baby talk faster
* Ask your child to help you like ask him to put his cup on the table or to bring you his shoe
* Teach your child simple songs and nursery rhymes. Read books
* Encourage your child to talk to friends and family. He can tell them about a new toy
* Engage your child in pretend play
Like I said har baby different hota hai. Koi jaldi bolta hai koi der se bolta hai. Isiliye kabhi bhi apne babies ko dusro se compare na kare. Aap apni taraf se sab sikhaate rahiye wo khud hi bolne lagega. Speech therapist ki baat bahut baad mein aati hai kyuki hum parents hi unke pehle teacher hote hai. Hope this post helps moms to lessen the worries about speech. Khub baatien kariye, stay fit and enjoy life.