Having a runny nose, sore throat, and related discomfort caused by cough and cold during pregnancy is completely unpleasant. Knowing that medicines can have a negative effect on the growing fetus during pregnancy as mothers we also avoid taking them. But there are always a few home remedies and tips that you can follow to manage cold and cough like:
- Have warm liquids like soup made with nutrient-rich vegetables and foods like chicken, tomato, spinach, etc.
- Take steam to clear out the mucus caused by the infection.
- Sleep with your head elevated to avoid trouble breathing due to a nose block.
- Take enough rest to support faster recovery.
- Gargle with warm water added with salt and turmeric.
- Eat healthy and stay hydrated all the time.
So next time when you catch cough and cold start with these easy remedies to support recovery and reduce the discomfort.
Note: In case of severe or prolonged cold and cough do consult your doctor for appropriate medications.
Also do check out home remedies to try when suffering from cold. CLICK HERE