How My Mom And Elder Sister Explained About MENSTRUATION!!!???
Well so many mothers think how to explain this topic to their beloved kids (i think we should explain to both genders, no matter boy or girl), but after thinking lot i just remembered how my mom and my sister helped me in this. Well, i would follow this with my kiddo too!!!
Seriously, it is not one day session, my mom took sooo many days to explain each thing very elaborately and she was knowing that how much should be explained at one moment with a small conversations. And, yes she cleared my all doubts too!!! I got to know about this when i was between 10 to 11 years of age.. And i got my first periods 14years, and between that gap i had good time to know more about this sensitive things, i still remember how i helped my friends who was heavily bleeding, how i used to help my sis who had very bad cramps during cycles etc etc.
I was raised in a completely liberal environment thanks to my;wonderful parents;and their numerous encounters with culturally different people and geographic locations. To top it all, I have grown up being independent and fearless.
My mother and sister taught me to love myself and my monthly periods, and thus, out of my personal experiences, here are a few lessons, which I intend to;teach my kiddo as well-
1) Don't ever feel that getting periods is your own fault, It is a natural process and happens with every women.
2) Don't ever feel low or depressed because of PMS or cramps or heavy bleeds- just give a positive touch to that, remember these periods are boon to you and you are fertile to have a family!!!
3) Stop claiming yourself that you behave weird during periods, just claim and dump your weirdness on those HORMONES!!
4) Never ever stop yourself to rest during cycles, just give as it is reason and take a good rest.. no need to lie!!
5) Never feel shy if your dress get stained, no matter infront of anyone or none. Just excuse yourself with bold manner.. it is not your fault that you are working while bleeding!!
6) Be bold to ask sanitary pads in store, dont ever look down, just give eye to eye contact and command them to get things
7) Don't stop yourself to do prayers or to enter temples etc, your bleeding is nothing to do with this, if you want to pray just go ahead, dont listen what others say!!
8) Never ever stop yourself to perform any physical activities like sports gym etc, if you are comfortable then please go ahead
9) Only thing to take care is PERSONAL HYGIENE, yes please take good care and hygiene to stop youself getting infected.
10) Eat and Drink right during cycles. More fruits and fluids helps to hydrate youself and helps to cope up bad cramps.. Dont forget CHOCOLATES!!!
My mom always advised both of us, BE PROUD TO BE WOMEN BECAUSE MEN ARE NOT BLESSED WITH SUCH NATURE'S BEAUTY 😁 #gynecaffairs ; #hapazardmind