I thought of writing about my experience with my bf journey n weaning( which still hasn't ended), coz bf has been a lifesaver in Soo many ways for me-
- first, do not compare your baby/child, his requirements, your circumstances, or preferences.
My kids completely rejected bottles, even when filled with my milk- they only wanted it direct from source.
Hence things were very different for me...
- decide until when you would want to breastfeed, I wanted to prolong it , but that just made/has made weaning more difficult.
So make a choice early on.
- I fed my first born through my second pregnancy (too many reasons for that), and stopped abruptly when new baby came.
But I will suggest that if you are pregnant n breastfeeding, then start weaning as soon as possible.
(I delivered a healthy baby, in contradiction to people's comments that baby wouldn't get nutrients if I continued bf).
- weaning process may cause behavioural changes briefly in some toddlers, so it's better done before the new baby arrives.
- get help! To put baby to sleep, comfort and distract.
I'm still struggling with this point.
- when someone does happen to see or know that I'm still bf, they look at me with a question mark! But it's a choice I've made, and my toddler is more than happy to continue! However, for obvious reasons, the time has come to start the weaning process- slowly day by day. Wish me luck!!