Breastfeeding tips for new moms
Breastfeeding is the most beautiful way of bonding that can exist between a mother and a child. But it comes with its own share of challenges for quite many of us. my breastfeeding journey has not been a smooth cakewalk till now but I learnt to cope with the issues. I would like to share some tips from my experience which if of any help to my fellow mommies I would be glad to share.
1. Initially my baby had latching issues from my left side so I started pumping from that side to maintain the supply. You can pump if initially there ate latching issues. Pls use a good quality manual or electric pump , I use pigeon manual pump but planning to use an electric pump soon coz it's faster and more efficient.
2. If the baby is satiated from one side I try pumping from the other side and saving it to feed her if m out or need a break sometimes 😊😊😊
3.sometimes when there is surplus I store the milk in milk storage bags ( I use pigeon breast milk storage bags) to save for rainy days when I may not have enough or have to be out for prolonged period. Many of our working moms can relate to it.
4. We generally get very good supply in mornings so we can feed the baby as well as express and store .
5. Keep yourself motivated to eat well and rest well so that you can ensure adequate milk for baby.
6. Don't get stressed as stress can affect ur milk supply profoundly.
Try listening to soothing music while feeding or expressing and maintaining a serene environment.
7. I try to latch the baby several times a day even if it's for a few minutes as this ensures adequate stimulation for us to produce milk. Effectively I do combination feeding by feeding directly as well as expressed milk from bottle.
8. Try talking and singing to the baby while you feed this ensures you both spend quality time together.
9. Sometimes my baby gets distracted while feeding these days so I dim the lights and feed her while singing to her or playing some good music. This way she focusses on feeding.
10. You can involve daddies by keeping expressed milk in bottle which they can feed to the babies once at night so that u can catch on some sleep and gear up for the next day 😜😝😛
11. Lastly have faith in urself that though it's a tough phase sometimes but you are determined to sail through it.
The views I have expressed above are entirely from my personal experience. But pls note every child is unique and so is every journey of motherhood so pls decide what best works for u and ur baby and enjoy this phase. Once weaning starts we are slowly gonna miss those good old breastfeeding days. So all the wonderful mommies out there happy breastfeeding and nurturing ur lil one...👍👍👍