Summer vacations r around the corner &
Parents must be busy searching for a suitable camp for the kids.
Almost 2 months break...
Art, theatre,Football,basketball,robotics, dance, nature walk,cooking,painting...lot of options...
Interested parents pl include the following also in the list:
1. My kid this time will learn to wash his plate.
A 12 yr girl last time shocked me when I asked her to put the plate in the sink by saying ' oh sorry aunt. I did not know this is my duty. In my house either maid or my mom takes it..'
2. My kid every morning will learn to fold his bedsheets and and arrange the pillow and bed.
3. During this 2 months period my kid will learn to eat what I cook instead of what he likes to eat.
4. My kid will gather his friends, go for evening walks & introduce themselves to neighbors.
5. My kid along with his friends will make lemonade after their outdoor play. Hoping he will learn in his summer camp 😜😜
6. When my kid is going to visit his cousins or friends house he is taking only one set of toys, not 3 sets. This time he will learn how to share.
7. Instead of going to big cinema halls, gather lil friends, make a screen in the terrace , hire a projector and watch a movie. Awesome experience.
8. My kid is going to stay with grand parents, uncles and aunts without parents for atleast a week.
Kids are ready to explore. Only parents' s fear blocks them. Without showing them options parents decide kids can't stay without them.
9. DIY activities out of cardboard may be like parking lot for his cars or house for his stuff toys.
10. Kids Make kitchen utensils out of real clay.
You will never believe the creativity of the kids when you leave them to do it on their own.
11. Let them get them sick &, let them heal without any medicine. Can't we wait parents? It's only vacation. Atleast now we can let their immunity work.
12. Let them wake up without alarm, let them go bed after a tiring play.
Parents who have the options please leave the kids at grand parents place. They will take better care than us.
There is life beyond maths, language , science, art, craft, robotics,handwriting, Olympiads etc..
Waking them up again in the morning, getting them dressed for some classes, making them sit and do activities again, please remember NOT ALL CLASSROOMS HAVE 4 WALLS.
Summer vacation is not only for kids, it's for parents who can take time to recharge themselves for the next academic year, take care of their health and mind.
And for grandparents ,uncles,aunts and cousins who are eagerly waiting for these kids to come...