This recipe can be given to infants who are around 9-10 months of age. It is a good way of giving milk, nuts and fruit in one go. It is super yummy and easy to make. Even toddlers and elder kids enjoy it a lot. It's a sugar free recipe.
Ingredients (for 3-4 medium bowls)
1. 2 medium sized bananas
2. 350 ml milk or 2-3 cups
3. 1-2 tbsp nuts powder (roasted almonds, pistachios, cashews etc)
1/2 tsp elaichi powder
4. 8-10 dates soaked first and then grinded
1. Soak dates for a couple of hours, chop them and grind them to make a paste.
2. In a pan heat milk. When a boil comes let it reduce a bit on simmer. Add nuts powder, elaichi powder and even few saffron strands if you like. You can also make a nut paste instead of powder and add.
3. When milk is reduced a bit add khajoor paste slowly and stir well, so that it gets dissolved in the milk.
4. Let this mix cool to room temperature. Now add 1 mashed banana and about 1/2 chopped banana in this.
Serve it to the kids. It is very delicious. For adults one can add vanilla essence instead of elaichi powder, but elaichi helps in digestion of banana so for kids it is good. You can add more or less banana as per choice and also nuts of your choice. One more fruit with which you can make this in same way is chikoo, which helps treat constipation in kids and is very nutritious.