I have always been a light sleeper and never bothered to really have long hours of sleep ever. Pregnancy taught me the importance of power naps and this fourth trimester will be teaching me a lot more about sleep too.; With the c sec throb and a large family with extra large opinions for my Sid, I realized that my key to survival will be proper sleep. Here are the top strategies to help you get some fair enough sleep while mothering your newborn.
1. Draw a line post nursing, for your hubby to swaddle and comfort the baby at night.; don't try to do it all.
2. During the day, even at the oddest hours, tuck in with the sleeping baby and have naps. Don't bother about comments.
3. If you are too sleepy, ask for help to comfort the baby post day feeds as well. You won't become a perfect mom if you stay sleepy and keep rocking the baby.
4. Have power foods. Day fruits and nuts, multigrain rotis, energy inducing soups and smoothies work wonder.; Esp a nighttime mug of milk. Avoid coffee.
5. Avoid cluttering your bed. Give in time to clean and clear your bed area often. No soft toys, excess laundry or anything must be allowed.; Just coz you have a baby, you don't get an excuse to hoard and clutter.
What was your go to sleep mantra during the post partum span? #kolkatamoms #babychakra #expectingmoms #newbornbasics #babychakramoms
to open in App