#funrecipes #partyidea #snackcravings
As asked by my dear friends, am sharing the basket Chaat recipe..do you know this dish is very famous in Lucknow and a restaurant called Royal cafe in Hazratganj, Lucknow is famous for serving it in evenings..
One can actually make these baskets if they have the time and can put in effort as it's just a Mathri dough wrapped on katoris or muffin moulds and deep fried but it's easily available in market as savoury shops these days..so let's go to the recipe..
Ingredients (for about 10 pieces)
10 baskets or katoris
2 medium boiled potatoes chopped
1/2 katori white or black cahana boiled
1 onion finely chopped
3-4 tbsp green chatni
3-4 tbsp imli chatni
3-4 tbsp whipped curd
Nylon sev or any sev available at home
Boondi (optional, just for making it more crispy)
Spices (salt and red chilli powder to taste, pepper powder, bhuna zeera powder, Chaat masala, aamchoor powder)
Fresh corriander chopped
1. In a bowl add chopped boiled potatoes, boiled Chana, chopped onion and all spices as per your taste. You can make it as spicy and chatpata as you want.
2. Place all katoris on a place and in each katori fill the above masala till 2/3 rd. Then add Hari chatni, imli chatni and whipped curd. Also add boondi.
3. Now decorate the katoris with lots of sev and fresh chopped corriander.
Your Chaat is ready to enjoy..it's really easy.
You can make this katori Chaat in many ways.
1. You can make it with sprouts and Chana for a healthier option.
2. You can make a salsa with garlic, onion , tomatoes, capsicum, boiled corn and place a small piece of cabbage or lettuce at base of the katori and then top it with salsa and serve it as a salad.
3. You can make pizza baskets as I had given receipe few days back.
4. You can make a light tadkewla potato and Chana sabzi or even a tangy panner sabji and even add grated veggies like capsicum, carrots, corn etc to it and then make this Chaat.
5. You can make it with whipped cream and fruits too..