*Her advice to diabetics*:
1. *Eat fruits grown locally* ..... Banana, Grapes, Chikoo, Mangoes. All fruits have FRUCTOSE so it doesn't matter that you are eating a mango over an Apple. A Mango comes from Konkan and Apple from Kashmir. So Mango is more local to you.
*Eat all the above fruits in DIABETES as the FRUCTOSE* will eventually manage your SUGAR
; 2. Choose Seed oils than Veggie oils. Like choose ground nut, mustard, coconut & til. *Don't choose chakachak packing oils*, like olive,; rice bran etc
*Go for kachchi ghani oils than refined oils*
; 3. Rujuta spends max time in her talks talking about GHEE and its benefits.
*Eat GHEE daily*. How much GHEE we should eat depends on food. Few foods need more GHEE then eat more and vice versa. Eat ample *GHEE. It REDUCES cholesterol*.
; 4. *Include COCONUT.* Either scraped coconut over food like poha, khandvi or chutney with idli and dosa
Coconut has *ZERO CHOLESTEROL* and it makes your WAIST SLIM
; 5. *Don't eat oats, cereals for breakfast*. They are packaged food and we don't need them.; Also they are tasteless and boring and our day shouldn't start with boring stuff.
Breakfast should be poha, upma, idli, dosa, paratha
; 6. Farhaan Akhtar's New ad of biscuits - fibre in every bite... Even ghar ka kachara has fibre, likewise oats have fibre. Don't chose them for fibre. *Instead of oats, eat poha, upma, idli, dosa*
; 7. *No JUICES till you have teeth* in your mouth to chew veggies and fruits
; 8. *SUGARCANE is the real DETOX* . Drink the juice fresh or eat the SUGARCANE
; 9. For pcos, thyroid - do strength training and weight training and avoid all packaged food
10. *RICE - eat regular WHITE RICE. NO NEED of Brown rice.* Brown rice needs 5-6 whistles to cook and when it tires your pressure cooker, then why do you want to tire your tummy.
A white rice is hand pounded simple rice
*Rice* is not high is GI INDEX.; Rice has mediun GI index and by eating it with daal / dahi / kadhi we bring its GI index further down
If we take _ghee over this daal chawal then the GI INDEX is brought further down._
*B.* Rice has some rich minerals and you can eat it even three times a day
11. How much should we eat - *eat more if you are more hungry,* let your stomach be your guide and vice versa
12. We can *eat rice and chapati together* or only rice if you wish. It depends on your hunger. *Eat RICE in ALL THREE MEALS without any fear.*
13. Food shouldn't make you scared like eating rice and ghee. *Food should make you FEEL GOOD*
14. *NEVER* look at *CALORIES*. Look at *NUTRIENTS*
15. *No bread, biscuits, cakes, pizza, pasta*
16. Ask yourself is this the food my Nani & Dadi ate?; If yes then eat without fear.
17. Eat as per your season. *Eat pakoda, fafda, jalebi in monsoon*. Your hunger is as per season. Few seasons we need fried food so eat them.
18. When not to have chai - tea - don't drink tea as the first thing in morning or when you are hungry. Rest you can have it 2-3 times a day and with sugar
19. *NO GREEN tea please.* No green, yellow, purple, blue tea.
20. Eat *ALL* of your *TRADITIONAL* foods.
21. Strictly *NO* to packaged foods / drinks.
22. *Exercise / Walk*
to digest & stay healthy.