#breakfastidea #breakfastrecipe #tiffinrecipe
Rice and oats veggie cheela!!
Cheela's are a very good breakfast option as they are easy to make, can be made in different variants and one can load them with veggies which kids don't eat easily..I tried it today and it tasted yum!!
Ingredients (for 5 cheela's)
1 cup rice flour (chawal ka aataa)
2 tbsp sooji
2 tbsp oats flour (dry roast oats a bit and powder them and store)
2 tbsp curd
1 cup chopped or grated veggies (onion, carrots, capsicum, beans, cabbage, methi, spinach, green chilli, fresh corriander)
Seasoning (salt, red chilli powder, zeera powder and black pepper powder to taste)
1/2 tsp baking soda
Water and oil for cooking
1. In a bowl add all the flours and curd and mix well. Add water slowly to make a batter which is more light than a dosa batter, slightly runny.
2. Add veggies and seasoning and again give a mix. Keep it to rest for 15 minutes.
3. Heat a non stick tawa and add baking soda to the batter and mix well.
4. Drizle some oil on the tawa and spread it. When tawa is medium hot, with a ladle pour the batter and spread it. You can oil the sides if you want.
5. Cover this with a lid and let it cook on simmer for a minute. When cooked from one side, flip it and cook from other side too.
Serve hot with chatni..it's finger licking good.