Sweet corn clear soup!!
Soups are soul food...they are very nutritious, increase appetite, are comforting when one is suffering from cough and cold, are very light and can be combined with many other dishes.
This soup doesn't contain any soy sauce or chillies or vinegar. It's a simple soup which can be given to weaning kids or even toddlers suffering from cough and cold and even adults can enjoy it..
Ingredients (for 3-4 medium bowls)
1 cup corn kernels
1 medium onion roughly chopped
4-5 peeled garlic cloves
1 inch ginger peeled and roughly chopped
Khadaa masala (few peppercorns, 1 tezpatta, 1 tsp sabut zeera, 1/2 tsp ajwain)
A bowl full of roughly chopped veggies of choice (carrots, beans, bottlegourd, capsicum, spinach, broccoli, cabbage etc)
Slat and powdered pepper to taste
Oil and water for cooking
Few boiled corns for garnish
1. In a pressure cooker add about 1 tbsp oil and heat it. Add all khadaa masala and saute for few seconds.
2. Then add garlic, ginger and onion one by one and saute it till about a minute while stirring.
3. Now add all chopped veggies and corn. Add salt too.
4. Add about 4-5 cups water and stir everything. Now let it cook on simmer till 2-3 whistles.
5. Now when the contents of the cooker are little cool, use hand blender to blend the contents. Then strain the mix. If some veggie pieces come it's ok.
6. When you want to serve this soup, heat it well, add pepper and garnish with boiled corn kernels if you want.
If giving to kids under one year avoid salt. You can use any veggie of choice. Try this with garlic bread or buttered bread.
to open in App