Thin crust wheat pizza (customized)
Pizzas are loved by all and though getting a pizza delivered at doorstep is the easiest and effortless way to have it, we can with little effort make a healthier version and that too customized for each family member. I tried making this thin crust wheat pizza, so am sharing the recipe.
I have used very little cheese and butter and mayo and used lots of veggies and home made pizza sauce. One can use more cheese etc..I had made one with paneer, another with mushrooms and one with both paneer and mushrooms!!
Ingredients (for 1 pizza)
1. A thin crust wheat pizza base (from market)..can be substituted with homemade paratha
2. Pizza sauce (3-4 tbsp)
3. Thin sliced veggies (onions, capsicum, mushrooms, babycorn, corn kernels, zucchini etc)
4. 1 tsp butter
5. 1 tbsp mayonnaise
6. 1 slice cheese
7. Oil and water for cooking
First make a pizza sauce. In a pan heat very little oil and add chopped garlic (3-5 cloves) and saute till color changes. Then add 1 finely chopped onion and about 2 chopped tomatoes. Add salt and red chilli powder to taste. Let it cook on simmer till tomatoes are soft and keep mashing them. You can add little tomato puree for color and texture. Add a dash of pepper and your pizza sauce is ready. You can add little cheese and chopped capsicum in it if you like.Let it cool.
1. For assembling the pizza first spread about 1/2 tsp butter on the base and also spread 1/2 tbsp mayo.
2. Spread the cooled pizza sauce on this. Arrange all veggies. Then sprinkle little salt on them. Roughly put some leftover mayo on the veggies.
3. Break the cheese slice into pieces and arrange on the pizza. Sprinkle little pepper and oregano. Also you can add some greens like corriander etc
4. Heat a pan with lid. Apply little butter on it's base. Now put a tawa or griddle under this pan so that heat is very low. Place the pizza to cook and cover the lid.
Keep checking the pizza and when the cheese melts and base is crisp, it's ready to serve hot. You can also bake it.
to open in App