Granola bars are a very yummy and healthy snack for satisfying odd hour cravings. One can have them in breakfast when in a hurry, it can be easily packed and stored, they are good for late night cravings and also good when you need to have something sweet but healthy too..am sharing the recipe for these Granola bites I have made a couple of days back..much better than those costly sugar and preservative loaded ones we get from outside!!
Ingredients (for 15-20 bites)
2 cups oats
1 cup chopped nuts of choice (almonds, cashews, pistachios, walnuts)
4 tbsp raisins
2 tbsp white sesame (til)
2 tsp ghee
1.5 cup jaggery grated or broken in small pieces
Oil for lining the baking dish
1. Take a heavy bottom kadhaai and add oats. On medium heat dry roast oats. After few minutes add nuts too except raisins and roast everything together till a good smell comes. Take them out in a plate.
2. Also roast the sesame seeds and keep aside. You can also roast melon seeds if you want. You can add nuts and other healthy ingredients of choice.
3. Again in the same kadai, add ghee. When it melts add the jaggery to melt. Also add 1 tbsp water so that jaggery melts easily and a required texture is attained.
4. Now add oats with nuts, raisins and sesame and mix everything well. Switch off the gas.
5. Line a baking dish with oil and you can also put butter paper. Transfer the kadai mix in that and bake this at 150 degrees for 10 minutes.
Your super yummy and crisp granola bars are ready. When cool you can cut them in pieces and store in an airtight container.
Am giving final picture and few pictures of the process.