Vegetable bread poha!!
Bread poha is a breakfast made at many homes with different recipes. I am sharing my recipe in which I have tried to include many vegetables. It's a tasty and easy to make breakfast or snack with even leftover bread or roti and kids love it!!
Ingredients (for 2 -3 servings)
5 slices of bread (any bread can be used)
Chopped vegetables (1 onion, 1 tomato, 1/2 capsicum, 1/2 Carrot, small piece of cabbage, 5-6 beans, green corriander)
1 tsp grated ginger (optional)
1 green chilli (optional)
Spices to taste (hing, zeera, mustard seeds, turmeric powder, salt, red chilli powder, pepper powder, dhaniya powder, aamchoor, Chaat masala)
1 tbsp tomato ketchup
1 tsp green chilli sauce (optional)
1.5 tbsp oil
1 tsp ghee
Water for cooking
1. On a griddle or pan smear some ghee and heat it. Roast all the slices of bread or roti well from both sides to make them crispy. Cut this bread into pieces.
2. Heat oil in a pan or kadaai. Add hing, zeera and mustard seeds to splutter. You may also add curry leaves. Add grated ginger and saute it.
3. Add onions and saute them till they are brown. Then add all vegetables one by one and saute them a bit. Add tomatoes in the end.
4. Add all other spices like turmeric powder, salt, red chilli powder, dhaniya powder etc to taste and on medium flame let all this cook well. Also add tomato ketchup and chilli sauce and cook.
5. Add bread slices and sprinkle very little water and mix everything well. Add chopped dhaniya.
The dish is ready to serve.
You can use wheat bread or even left over roti pieces in this recipe. Also you can add vegetables like peas and even nuts like cashew to it. When making for kids snack time or lunchbox you can skip green chillies and keep spice level low.
to open in App