The first trimester was very difficult for me. Like most of us I also had nausea, vomitting, wretching of guts, lack of appetite, flatulence, abdominal discomfort, frequent urination, incomplete sleep, irritability, mood swings, career anxiety, lack of focus, weakness, body ache etc etc. But some how by God's grace and blessings I sailed through alive out of it. I want to share with you whatever little I managed to do to keep myself alive and sane in this phase.
1) I used to vent out all my emotions as much as possible to my husband and my friends. My husband was my punching bag and the shoulder to cry on. My friends became patient listeners.
2) Baby chakra- when all my sources got exhausted, like I would finish talking to friends and family and then resort to Babychakra community to vent out and discus more of my anxieties and worries. This community has been very helpful to me in that phase so now is my payback time.
3) I started reading the bhagwad gita but could not continue for long due to lack of focus, sleep deprivation and frequent washroom trips.
4) some how managed to read a couple of pregnancy guide books.
5) when in too much unbearable pain i started doing likhit jaap of om namah shivay in the bed itself
6) adult colouring books was the most engaging activity. I would keep colouring and let all the thoughts flow in my mind witout any restrictions.
7) i am such a music lover but music didn't calm me down at all in that phase. I was completely disinterested in tv and music.
8) On some days when i would feel a little bit okay then i used to do some yoga which made me feel better and also gave a good sleep
9) candy crush- i used to play each level many many times and still not pass through due to lack of focus.
10) Online window shopping- sometimes i would just browse through the online sites like amazon and myntra with no particular interest.
11) the belly book- i bought this journal from amazon which like a scrap book. Some emotions were vented in it also and is still going on.
12) how much i loved to take care of my potted plants but i also lost interest in it due to weakness.
Some how i managed to fare it.
I wish everybody has a easy first trimester. #momathon3