BAJRA ROTI and BRINJAL CURRY: A perfect combination of Andhra tiffin.
• Take bajra atta in a bowl and add salt to it. Mix it well.
• Heat water in a vessel.
• Slowly add hot water to the bajra powder and kneed it to a soft dough.
• Take a ball size dough and prepare roti with the help of both hands by patting and moving it to sides.
• Dusting can be done with the same flour. Pat it until it becomes to a thin size.
• Then place it on a hot tawa and spread a little water on the top of roti.
• If one side is done flip to the other side.
• Cook until all the sides are cooked properly.
• Finally bajra roti is ready.
BRINJAL CURRY/NUNEVANKAYA KOORA:
Brinjals- 5 Onions-1 Tomatoes-1 Salt Dry red chillies-2 Jeera Mustard seeds Coriander leaves
FOR STUFFING:dry roast and powder
Sesame seeds-2 tbsp Groundnut-4 tbspns Jeera-1 tbsp dry red chillies- 2 coriander seeds- 1tbsp 1 Cinnamon sticks, 2 cloves Coconut- 2 tbps salt as per taste
• First dry roast all ingredients under stuffing seperately and powder them. • Then wash and cut the brinjals with the stalk leaving intact. Keep it in salt water until you use them. • And stuff the powder in to the brinjals and keep it aside. • Heat a pressure cooker and 3 spoons of oil to the cooker. • Add Jeera, mustard seeds, curry leaves and dry red chillies to it. • Then add onions and once they are fried then add chopped tomatoes to it. • After tomatoes are well cooked then add salt and a pinch of turmeric powder to it. • Then add stuffed brinjals to it. Fry it for 2 minutes. • Add all the left over grinded powder and water to the cooker. • Mix well and check the consistency. • Finally after 2whistles and pressure has gone. • Garnish it with coriander leaves. • Brinjal curry is ready to serve. It serves only 2 people as it will be yummy yummy.
Have the perfect combination of roti and brinjal curry and taste the Andhra tiffin. And that's my favourite dish.
28 Aug 2019