Home made cerelac with dhal and veggies
This is the first semi solid food that I started feeding my baby. The expression on his face made me realise that he liked it to his heart content.
It's a complete meal.
Why this wheat, dhal and veggies?
Wheat is a much debated food to be offered to babies, as few thing they cause allergy however they have plenty positive effects.
Power house of energy. Pure little one needs; lot of energy to perform physical and mental activities. So, it's a good option.
It's proven that wheat keeps the intestines healthy and reduces the chances of flatulence.
Wheat is a good source of vitamin B;and minerals which helps in mental development.
Please delay the wheat introduction if your child has asthma.
lentils are good to boost immunity and minerals such as calcium, iron, magnesium, potassium, phosphorous, zinc and sodium aid the mental development of your baby.
They are rich in Vitamins, minerals, fibre which is required by your baby.
Here is how you prepare a ‘Wheat, Daal and Veggie Mix’
Wheat flour – 1 tbsp
Veggie as per your choice – ½ half cup
Masoor daal - ½ half cup
Cooked Rice - ½ half cup
Pudina leaves - Few
Cumin seeds and mustard - ½ tsp of tadka
Garlic - 1 pod
Asafoetida - A pinch (are you sure this is safe for babies?)
Ghee – 1 tbsp
Salt can be added for babies above one year.
1. Cook Masoor daal and rice and mash well
2. Then add little ghee in a pan add mustard seeds n cumin let it pop and add asafoetida. it enhances the flavor, aids in digestion.
3. Add the mint leaves, garlic, and veggies and saute them until cooked.
4. Now add the cooked daal and rice, mix well.
5. Finally, add the wheat flour and simmer and saute the mix until it attains a smooth n thick baby cereal consistency
6. This yummy dish is now ready and we’re sure so is your baby!