Giving kmc to my baby was much more relaxing and reviving for me than the baby I felt. I am more clingy to my baby than he becoming clingy to me. I want to be in contact with him physically much more than he wants me. After the baby overgrew the kmc period babywearing was the solution to my craving for him. At that time I was unaware of the benefits of babywearing. But somewhere I had read that it helps in digestion and reduces refluxes. I read a lot about the convinience of babywearing. After searching a lot for a suitable babywearing carrier, I ended up buying a basic anmol ergonomic soft structured baby carrier for its ease. The day I recieved it from amazon, I was amazed to read the benefits of babywearing mentioned on its box. I am sharing it here along with my experiences with each point.
CARRIED BABIES ARE HAPPIER B
1) Babywearing 3 hours/day results in lesser crying by 43% overall and 54% in the evening.
2) It improves digestion, eases colic and reduces refluxes.
3) Lesser stress hormones released by baby and mom
4) Relaxed and calmed baby and mom
CARRIED BABIES LEARN MORE AND ARE SMARTER
1) Carried babies spend their time in quiet alertness creating the optimal state of learning, resulting in enhanced audio-visual alertness and speech development.
2) It helps baby’s developing brain to make the right connections.
3) Babies closely listen to the mother’s language
1) Babywearing enables the mother to be acutely aware of her baby’s cues. (This helps a lot in managing the baby in a better way)
2) When a baby’s needs are met for the first 18 months of the baby’s life, they form a blue print for strong secure children and their adult behaviour of compassion, resilience, high self esteem and forming healthy relationships
CARRIED BABIES SLEEP BETTER
1) Frequently carried babies fall asleep quickly and will usually sleep deeper and for longer periods of time.
2) Sleeping on the mother’s chest the baby keeps listening to mother's heartbeat which acts as white noise, and along with the warmth of the body, a womb outside the womb like condition is created.
BABYWEARING IS CONVINIENT
1) Three words- two free hands
2) It makes multitasking and having the baby close and secure possible.
3) I have brushed teeth, sweeped, moped, climbed stairs, put clothes on clothes line for drying, washed bottles, folded clothes, arranged wardrobes, done make up, read a book, used phone mostly BABYCHAKRA, slept in an rocking chair, and much more other than walking while wearing my baby.
BABYWEARING IS HEALTHIER FOR MOM AND BABY
1) Wearing your baby burns up to 300 calories a day.
2) A brisk 10 minutes walk will shed about 100 calories.
3) Baby provides as much resistance as a pair of hand weights
4) It improves mother amd baby’s core muscles and posture.
5) It helps to decrease post partum depression PPD.
BABYWEARING BOOSTS BREASTFEEDING
Mums who routinely babywear are twice as likely to breastfeed.
But at 4 months Govind was too small for the carrier and he was very uncomfortable in it. He would spit up and cry the moment I put him in it. All my sweet dreams of enjoying him on my chest was flushed into a very bad experience. I was sad that I wasted my money by buying it.
Yet again BABYCHAKRA came to my rescue. And it was dear @Rebecca Prakash this time. She introduced me to the live love babywear whats app group where my problem was solved very quickly. She was also kind enough to teach me the ‘X’ attachment of the SSC through a personal video.
And voila! I used an infant insert in the carrier - my baby and me were good to go, as there was no more crying or spit up. After We enjoyed walking and talking together. I could show him the world around me so easily with this. Any crankiness would vanish within minutes. It is nothing less than a saviour for difficult times.
I had tried to wear Govind when he was 15 days old while govind him kmc with a cotton saree. I watched a youtube video too to get an idea. But I was not successful at it. How I wish I had known about hybrid wraps! So I had been dreaming of it since then. Better late than never, finally I became a succesful babywearing mom.
Lastly I qoute “wear your anmol one in the anmol every single day”