Sleep deprivation is very common during pregnancy. It can start in the first trimester when the morning sickness kicks off. Along with it u may wake up feeling discomfort around your abdomen and also more likely to use the bathroom more.
During the third trimester ul be up and down needing to use the bathroom and also may have leg cramps, heartburn,discomfort as ur tummy would have grown..
Here are a few things which I follow to reduce the sleeping problems (as can't go to work as a zombie😜)
1) Reduce the intake of water from the evenings as this will reduce the amount of bathroom visits..
2) Walk or Exercise towards the evening as being active will not only help in the movement of ur muscles but also help u to get sleep as ur body will be tired.
3) Take a warm water bath with lavender oil as it's said that lavender induces sleep and relaxes your body.
4) Keep the room temperature cool as during pregnancy your own body temperature has risen.
5) Ask someone to massage your back and legs as to will also help you relax. Last but not the least -
While trying to sleep STAY AWAY from MOBILE PHONES as it impacts n creates disturbances in your sleep.
** PS :-
Even after trying all this you are unable to sleep then you are most welcome in our Baby Chakra's Night club (which till know includes our most active member @Dr. AMRITA MALLIK@Nitika Chopra , along with @myself and @akanksha tagra n since yesterday a new mommie got included @Cherry Bansal ... 😜😁😝)
31 Aug 2018