My boy's right scrotum is bulged. we noticed few months back n enquired our doc n she said it wouldn't be a prob. We had also showed this to another paed, he also suggested to wait till one year. but now its size is slightly increased.  would there be any serious prob.


Dr. Sanjeev Ahuja pls assist

Archana Mudaliyar

pls get it checked as soon as possible coz my sister-in-law's son had a same problem and then when checked he was diagnosed with puss in one of the scrotum n had to b removed by surgery or else it wud have spoiled the other scrotum too which would have been a difficult one to imagine. I wud request you to get it checked with some other doc.

asha chaudhry

hi gomathi i wud go to another dr for a second opinion if i was in ur place. Dr.Shilpitha Shanthappa any advise?

gomathi palani

I will consult with other doc then. Archana Mudaliyar, how long did they leave unchecked n when did the surgery done. did the boy had any pain.

Dr. Payal M

a hernia or fluid collection(hydrocoele) can also cause a scrotal bulge. pls get it checked.

Sonam patel

it could be hydrocele.. it's common in children.. do check with your doc..

gomathi palani

if it would be hernia or hydrocele, do we have to operate or will it subside on its own. how to handle in case surgery not required. will takings scans do any harm to the baby.

Dr. Shilpitha Shanthappa

to clarify the things talk with your doctor and get USG of scrotum... it will reveal the cause.. dont delay more..

Dr. Payal M

an ultrasound is not harmful. better u get it checked. even a surgeon can examine.

gomathi palani

sure dr. payal. I will get it done. thanks

Get the BabyChakra app
Ask an expert or a peer mom and find nearby childcare services on the go!
Scan QR Code
to open in App
Image http://app.babychakra.com/question/12003