Q:

Dr. Priyanka Patel Hi doc i wanted 1 suggestion. As u know my water level had come to 8cm now its increased to only 9cm as i was told to di the Sonography yesterday. Actually my due date was yesterday accordingly to LMP. but after seeing yesterday's Sonography doctor changed her mind immediately n said we should wait till 29th April. But my baby's weight has increased and even i have become restless n uneasy. the movements are also become low of the baby.. my MIL is saying uts risky to keep the baby inside as water increasing n decreasing n due to weight the baby may feel suffocated.. we all are in tension because first the doc. had told for c-section only but now i don't know y she changed her mind.. my gytt feeling is saying i should nit take risk n go for c-section and even all my family members r saying same. looking at my physical condition. What do u suggest? plz reply.



Can you share the ultrasound report Aavril I want to see why the doctor has changed her mind

Dr. Priyanka Patel yes I'll share it in sometime dr. as i am out.

Avril I understand how you must be feeling and if I'm in your place I would trust the gynecologist and wait.

Rebecca Prakash yes i know should trust the doctor.. every now n then she asking me to do the Sonography just to check the water level.. doing sonography is also not safe for the baby.. and even after all this she is saying if on 29th April u don't find symptoms of normal delivery or i don't get pains we will have to go for c-section. even i was against c-section but now i am finding it difficult n always in tension just due to movements of baby.. n till now i haven't got pains just in next 2-3 days whats gona happen?? and also doing excercise n all the mouth of the bag is not yet opened... so i don't think its use of waiting so long n simply trouble the baby inside..

Dr. Priyanka Patel Hi dr. kindly find this attached Sonography which i did yesterday.

Comment image

Dr. Priyanka Patel and also yesterday in Sonography n the doc who did the Sonography said that the baby's head is down byt baby is leaning towards left side.. means the spinal cord is seen at the left side n said its normal nothing to worry..

Reports are good you can ask Dr about induction delivery there is no reason why dilivery cannot be done normal. You can discuss more with your Dr about benefits of going for normal dilivery now C-section is always an option when normal dilivery has complications

Dr. Priyanka Patel ok doc. but its a government hospital so i doubt the have facility of induction but she has called for the follow up on Friday so I'll ask her about it. but in case they don't have that facilities and even i don't get natural pains then what to do? what suggest?

you are absolutely asking about the last line that you can hold 2 then the last thing will be a cesarean only to prevent risk to baby.


Suggestions offered by doctors on BabyChakra are of advisory nature i.e., for educational and informational purposes only. Content posted on, created for, or compiled by BabyChakra is not intended or designed to replace your doctor's independent judgment about any symptom, condition, or the appropriateness or risks of a procedure or treatment for a given person.